Whilst we encourage our patients to come to the surgery, where we have the proper equipment and facilities available, we do appreciate this is not always possible. In this respect, if you do need a home visit please consider the following key points:
- You must call Reception before 10am to request a home visit.
- You may received a telephone call form the GP as it maybe that your condition can be dealt with by telephone
- Your GP will only visit you at home if they think that your medical condition requires it and will also decide how urgently a visit is needed.
- Please ensure you provide suitable contact details to enable the doctor to schedule house calls
- You can also be visited at home by a community nurse if you are referred by your GP.
- Home visits are only available for patients who are housebound because of illness or disability.
Please remember that several patients can be seen in the practice in the time it takes for the GP to make one home visit.
Thank you for your cooperation