Please note due to current Covid-19 measures all appointments must be made over the phone
We Have seen an increase in unattended appointments since the start of July, please ensure that if you do not attend your appointment you cancel this as soon as possible. This will ensure someone else can use this slot.
Attending an appointment during COVID-19
When attending your appointment you will find that the front door is closed. This has been recommended to us in order to control the flow of patients and to prevent patients suffering from COVID symptoms from entering our waiting room which would shut down our surgery.
Please press the right side intercom in order to speak to reception who then will come to the door to bring you into the waiting area.
You must wear a face covering to enter the building, your temperature will also be checked via contactless device.
BOOK COVID-19 TESTING
There is an appointment system in operation at our surgery. Please call at 08:00 to book either a morning or afternoon appointment.
You can make appointments to see one of our health professionals:
- Online - click the link at the top of this page. These appointment can be made on your mobile device while you are out and about, on your computer at your desk or even in the travel lounge whilst abroad.
- By phone - on 020 8739 1977 lines open at 08:00 - 18:30 (closed for lunch between 13:00 - 14:00). Please aware that our telephones tend to be busiest between 08:00 and 09:30 Monday - Friday so you may find it more convenient to call later in the day if you are just wanting a routine appointment.
- In Person - at the surgery reception desk between 08:00 - 18:30 (Closed for lunch between 13:00 - 14:00)
In order to reduce the number of patients who fail to attend, the majority of our appointments are book on the day
After a Bank Holiday the next working day appointments will be BOOK ON THE DAY only. Please telephone at 08.00 for these.
Appointment duration - Our standard length of appointment is 10 minutes for one patient and one condition. Whilst our clinicians will do their best to deal with your health issues in the time they have available, this isn't always possible. If you do have a number of queries that you need to discuss, please request a double appointment at the time of booking.
If you need to see a doctor as an emergency patient the reception team will ask for information regarding the emergency and we will advise you if the practice can deal with your emergency or if you need to attend A&E. If you request an emergency appointment you will see any doctor in the practice with emergency appointment available.
Children under 5 years will always be accompanied and they have to be accompanied by a responsible adult.
We can also make booked telephone appointments for you to speak to one of our health professionals. Please give the receptionist a brief explanation of your medical need and we will endeavour to accommodate you appropriately. A clinician will be able to assist you over the telephone with test results and medication queries. Telephone consultations are not suitable for diagnosis and a face to face appointment would be recommended this.
Clinicians will only call you once. If you are not available to take the call at that time then it is for you to call the surgery to try and speak to the GP if they are free or book an alternative appointment.
As we operate a call-back system, should one of our clinicians need to call you back we need to have a number we can contact you on. Additionally, if we can't get in touch with you by phone and we need to inform of you of matters to do with your health (e.g. hospital results) please ensure you provide us with up-to-date contact details.
Not Registered for Online Services?
Self Check-in Screen
Our self check-in screen is situated on the right hand side of the main Chessington Park reception desk. If you are attending the surgery for a GP appointment then please use this so your GP is made aware promptly of your arrival, saves you having to queue and reduces congestion at the reception desk. It also leaves the reception team available to answer telephone calls. You will need to enter your date of birth and gender.
Please note that if you are late for your appointment time, the check-in screen will not permit you to check in and you will need to speak with a receptionist about the Practice's Late Policy.
Parents with Young Children
We have baby changing facilities and a quiet room is normally available for breastfeeding mothers although we have no objections to breastfeeding in the waiting room.
Do you think you condition is contagious to other?
If you or your child has a rash or other infectious complaint we have a separate waiting area (please inform the receptionist when booking your appointment or on your arrival).
PARENTS/ GUARDIANS: Please note you are responsible for your child/children whilst at the surgery. Children are not to be left unattended whilst at the surgery. Staff are unable to supervise your child/children on your behalf.
We are committed to our patients. Our medical team of GPs, Nurses and health experts aim to:
- speak to you within 1 working day
- see you within 30 minutes of your surgery appointment booking time
- keep you informed
- provide you with clear and effective information that can help you take your health care seriously
Whilst we encourage our patients to come to the surgery, where we have the proper equipment and facilities available, we do appreciate this is not always possible. In this respect, if you do need a home visit please consider the following key points:
- You must call Reception before 10am to request a home visit.
- You may received a telephone call form the GP as it maybe that your condition can be dealt with by telephone
- Your GP will only visit you at home if they think that your medical condition requires it and will also decide how urgently a visit is needed.
- Please ensure you provide suitable contact details to enable the doctor to schedule house calls
- You can also be visited at home by a community nurse if you are referred by your GP.
- Home visits are only available for patients who are housebound because of illness or disability.
Please remember that several patients can be seen in the practice in the time it takes for the GP to make one home visit.
Cancel an Appointment
It is important that you inform the reception staff if you are unable to attend your appointment, this will allow that appointment to be offered to another patient. If you fail to notify the Practice that you are unable to attend, you will be sent a letter informing you that you have defaulted from your appointment. Persistent defaulters maybe removed from the list.
You can also complete our appointment cancellation notification request form. This can only be used if your appointment has been arranged for more than 24 hours in advance. (excluding weekends and public holidays). You can also text to cancel your appointment.
Text Reminder Service
We have a texting service which allows you to receive confirmation and reminders about your appointments.
To have this service you will need to register by completing a consent form.
Please remember to update your contact details with us when you change address, telephone numbers and email address.
Late For Your Appointment
If you arrive more than 10 minutes late for your appointment you may not be seen by the doctor. It is at their discretion if they will still see you. The receptionist will message the doctor who will advise the receptionist of what to inform you. You may have to rebook another appointment or the doctor, time allowing may agree to you waiting until the end of their surgery session to see you then.
Need and appointment after work?
We operate extended hours from 18:30 - 20:00 on a Wednesday and Thursday evening. Call the surgery to book and appointment or use Online access.
Kingston Primary Care Extended Access Service
Kingston CCG is increasing primary care access on evenings and weekends to patients in the Kingston borough. Patients in Kingston will now have access to extended primary care services from Surbiton health centre, Kingston Health Centre and Merritt Health Centre.
Having greater access to primary care services will provide patients with timely access to the right care.
Kingston provides access to primary care services 8 to 8, 7 days a week.
- Surbiton Health Centre – extended appointments available between 18:30 – 20:00 Monday to Friday and between 08:00 – 20:00 Saturdays and Sundays
- Kingston Health Centre - appointments available between 18:30 – 20:00 Monday to Friday and between 08:00 – 20:00 Saturday and 80:00 – 14:00 Sunday
- Merritt Health Centre - appointments available between 18:30 – 20:00 Monday to Friday and between 08:00 – 14:00 Saturday and Sunday
For evening appointments, please contact your own GP surgery before 5pm to make an appointment.
For a weekend appointment please call 020 3841 9942.
Teddington Centre Hampton Road, Teddington , Middlesex TW11 0JL
Tel: 020 8714 4004